Sunday, September 2, 2012

My new chapter

I'm entering a new chapter in my life very soon...

I'm going to be a mom.

Next month actually. I can hardly believe it. But ready or not, it's happening. I'm excited, nervous, uncertain...but mostly excited. It's a whole new adventure I have learned to embrace. I know it will be one of my great accomplishments. I say one of my accomplishments because I plan on having many. She will probably be my greatest.
One thing I have learned this year since my whole journey through finding out I'm pregnant, dealing with trials and situations and people and pregnancy in general, is to live without regrets. If anyone asked me what my biggest piece of advice to them would be in my measly 20 years of existing, it's to live without regrets. Nasty little things they are. Not worth it either. Accepting things that I cannot change, and not regretting them. Because what's done is done, and why should I live in the past, and keep going over and over the things I could have done or wished I'd done. Doesn't matter anymore. Make decisions based on whether you will regret it or not. I know it's impossible to always know, but when I'm faced with a decision I have regretted in the past, I try not to repeat history and leave myself with one less regret.

As I sit here typing my stomach is moving up and down and side to side. There is a very active little person in there, and I can't wait to meet her.
This little person has made me grow up a lot these past months. Made me think carefully about my choices that will not only affect me, but her as well. Made me see a lot about myself and the people around me. I have gone through more than an average 20 year old has probably gone through, but I have learned a lot through it all.

No more regrets...

No comments:

Post a Comment